Wednesday, October 28, 2009


The list of forms and papers that have to be filled out to get an American student visa is long, so its imporant to start early (as soon as you get the confirmation papers from the university). Here is a step by step guide of which papers to start with:
1. Application for financial support by the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund 
2. The I-901 Form on the internet, has to be done before you pay the SEVIS fee (200$)
3. To make an appointment with the US embassy in Oslo, you need to fill out the DS-156 Form online
4. The DS-158 Form can be downloaded as a PDF-file and printed out (must be brought to the meeting at the embassy)
5. Recomended: Membership form and insurance form at ANSA (Association of Norwegian Students Abroad)

No comments: